What is MS4?
MS4 is the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. It’s a conveyance or system of conveyances that is
- Owned by a state, city, town, village, or other public entity that discharges to waters of the U.S.
- Designed or used to collect or convey stormwater (including storm drains, pipes, ditches, etc.)
- Not a combined sewer
- Not part of a publicly owned treatment works (sewage treatment plant)
Minimum Control Measures
The MS4 Program contains elements called minimum control measures. When implemented, it should result in a significant reduction in pollutants discharged into waterways. The minimum measures are outlined below:
- Public Education/Outreach and Participation/Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE)
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Runoff Control
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping Fact Sheets
For more information
Want to volunteer for clean up projects?
Contact MS4 Coordinator Stephen Rose by email at email@example.com or by phone at 417-328-5824.