Requirements to be a volunteer are:
o 18 yrs of age
o Pass background check and drug/alcohol screening
o Score a 4.0 or greater on the physical capacity test
o Possess a valid operator’s license and have automobile insurance
o Be able to perform the normal functions expected of a firefighter
o Possess a high school diploma or a GED
Requirements for a full-time position
o MO Firefighter I & II certification
o AT LEAST emergency medical responder certification
o Pass the physical firefighter screening test with a minimum score
o All the requirements listed for volunteers above
- ALL members must pass NIMS 700, 800, 100, 200. Captains must add NIMS 300, and White Hats (Chief Officers) add NIMS 400.
- ALL members must pass a CEVO defensive driving class or you will not be allowed to drive departmental vehicles.
- All members are strongly encouraged to attend and get certified to the firefighter II level.
- Captains and above are required to be at least Instructor I and Officer I; White Hats (Chief Officers) must have Officer II.
- Training is performed weekly on Thursday nights for all members including Explorers covering medical response and all firefighting skills.
We welcome volunteers who can meet the standards to become a member of our department. Persons interested in joining our team, are encouraged to fill out an application.