Fire Chief job opening:
· Full-time position in a combination career and volunteer department with a staff of 16.
· A combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities for the Fire Chief position includes: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, MBA or MPA preferred; ten years experience in Fire and Emergency Medical Services work; five years experience as a Battalion Chief Officer level or above in a combination or a career department.
· Licensing and Certifications required are Fire Fighter II, Fire Officer II, Fire Instructor I, and EMT-B certified; valid Missouri Driver’s License and must remain insurable under the City’s liability insurance policy.
· Executive Fire Office and Chief Fire Officer Certifications are preferred.
· Salary depends on qualifications.
· Applicants may apply at www.bolivar.mo.us or in person at Bolivar City Hall, 345 S. Main Ave., Bolivar, MO 65613. For additional questions, you may contact Carol West in Human Resources at 417-328-5805.